100 Women Who Care Oxford
Are you someone who is interested in giving back to our community
but you don't have a lot of time to do volunteer work?
In 2015, I started a new chapter of 100 Women Who Care
in Oxford County in order to give back to my community!
What is this Organization?
- There are 4 – one hour meetings each year
(last Wednesday in February, May, August & November)
- To become a member, you are required to sign a Commitment Form agreeing to donate
$100 per meeting—4 times a year—whether or not you attend the meeting
- One week before the meeting, members submit their Charity Nomination Forms
- At each meeting, 3 members will make a 5 minute presentation about their charity
- After the presentations, all members will vote by secret ballot
- The charity receiving the most votes will receive all of the donations
eg. 100 members x $100 = $10,000 to benefit local programs!!!
- The charity agrees that the funds will remain in Oxford County
and that the money will not be used for administrative costs
- Income tax receipts will be distributed at the next meeting, directly from the charity
By pooling our individual donations,
our group has the ability to make a greater financial impact
upon many charities in Oxford County.