CALL OR TEXT 226-234-4552
The Benefits of Mediation
Family Mediation offers a healthier approach to separation:
- It minimizes the impact of the separation upon the children
- Couples can save on legal fees
- The process is less stressful and much quicker than going to court
- The family's privacy is respected
- Mediation promotes family wellness and healing
- The focus is cooperation and better communication, not conflict
- It eliminates the uncertainty of going to court
My Role as The Mediator
As a mediator, I CANNOT give either party any LEGAL advice, even though I am a lawyer. You are however free to consult with your own lawyers if you require legal advice. Remember, I do not represent either one of you. As the Mediator, it is not my job to take sides. However, I can guide both of you through the process by providing access to basic legal information. Also, if you get stuck on an issue, I can draw upon my experience to offer some suggestions for resolution which have worked for other families in the past.
Click here to view "Choose Mediation First"
Click here to view "The Role of Lawyers in Mediation"
Going to court
The courts are
and the process
invites more conflict.
– Kelly Edmonds
Kelly P. Edmonds
BA, LL B, AccFM (OAFM)
Family Law Lawyer and Mediator
20 Oxford Street, Tillsonburg, ON N4G 2G1
Tel: (226) 234-4552